Order: Bulgarian famous rose water
Rose water is a hydrolate made from roses and is therefore also called rose hydrolate. It is mainly used in perfume because of its sweet and pleasant scent, but Rose water is used for its medicinal properties and many in the traditional kitchen. This special water also offers many benefits for our body because it has many powerful features of the rose.
Roses are a popular ingredient in skincare and for good reason!
Extracts of this delicate flower can be used on all skin types, but are often included in products for dry, sensitive and mature skin. Now is a good time to highlight the many ways in which rose, in beauty, is used.
There are generally two types of roses used in skincare: Rosa Damascena and Rosa Centifolia. The first, often from Bulgaria, has a deep, powerful fragrance. The last one, known as the cabbage rose or the Moroccan rose has a lighter and sweet fragrance. Both are prized for their pure essential oils derived from the rose flowers.
Rose petals release their vitamins and minerals into the water during distillation. For example, Rosewater contains vitamins A, B3, C, D, E, and a lot of anti-oxidants. This ensures that rose water can have an anti-inflammatory effect, making it suitable for, among other things, impure skin.
In addition, Rosewater stimulates the blood circulation of the skin, which can positively affect dry, old, and sensitive skin.
In addition, Rosewater has a firming effect on the pores and restores the pH value of the skin.
The Meeting of Antony and Cleopatra, 1885 (Oil on Canvas), by Lawrence Alma-Tadema.
Rosewater is an ancient product that has been used since ancient Egypt, Cleopatra used it, 70 - 30 BC, every day in her beauty routine. This fragrant water is a distillate of rose oil, made from rose petals. Rosewater not only smells delicious, but you can also use it for many applications!
What is rose water all good for?
1. Reduce puffiness: do you suffer from puffiness or puffy eyes, for example due to lack of sleep? Put a small amount of rose oil on two cotton pads and lay your head back on the bed or on the couch. Place the slices on your eyes and relax for about 10 minutes. For an even better effect, put the cotton balls in the freezer before putting them on your eyes!
2. Conditioner: Mix three tablespoons of rose water with 2 cups of water and pour over towel-dried hair. You don't have to rinse it out and your hair will feel wonderfully soft.
3. Acne: rose water works very well against acne and inflammation of the skin. This is how you can treat acne: squeeze a (half) lemon and mix the juice with an equal amount of rose water. Apply the mixture on the face and leave it on for half an hour. Rinse with lukewarm water and dry the skin with a towel. repeat this acne treatment for 2 to 3 weeks for optimal results.
4. Fresh-smelling sheets: Grab a spray bottle and add about three tablespoons of rose water for every 1/2 cup of water. After changing the sheets (or before going to sleep), spray the scented water on your sheets and / or pillow. Nice and fresh!
5. Make-up remover: if you don't like make-up removers with all kinds of chemical ingredients, you can use rose water. It's wonderfully gentle on your skin and removes makeup just as effectively.
6. Dry skin: if you spray some rose water on a dry spot you will immediately notice that it feels softer and smoother.
Ingredients: ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER and WATER.